History

Superintendent’s Address

The biggest news (literally) is the fabulous playground on the east side of campus! The structure features an 18 foot tall tower, a 12 foot tall climbing orb, and a variety of other challenging apparatuses promoting physical fitness. The entire structure is situated on a state of the art rubber surface of interlocking blue and black tiles. Benches have been added so that students and community members can have a relaxing time enjoying the structure.

Students have been busy using their classroom sets of laptops in grades third through eighth. Educating students in a digital world is fast paced. Preparing students for success in a highly competitive world requires innovative and cutting edge strategies as well as techniques. Of equal importance, is preserving the small country school atmosphere and protecting the strong sense of tradition of the last 100+ years. We continue to have high expectations of student achievement and work together to achieve those goals. We recognize and protect that Gratton is not just a school, it is a family. This is what makes Gratton special and sets it apart from many others.

We are truly a small school making a big difference.
 
Shannon Sanford
Superintendent




Gratton School, 1914
 
  • Fall of 1914 - Gratton School begins
  • Spring of 1961 - Gratton's first BBQ
  • 1975 - New school building is completed
  • 1989 - New gymnasium is built
  • 1990 - Mascot change from Jets to Wildcats
  • 2005 - Purchase of 4 acres and plans for a new building
  • 2008 - Creation of Gratton Charter
  • 2010 - Kamm building is completed, consisting of 2 classrooms, library, and computer lab